Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time Flies...

Hello. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST APRIL!!! YIKES. Sometimes life just moves by so fast. I don't like that feeling. Anyway, I will add pictures and videos soon. Jason has the camera and he is off seeing the world right now, so I'll have to wait till he gets home.

Noah started Preschool on March 13th. He really likes going to school. It's a nice mix of people. They have an hour of Japanese a day, along with letters, numbers, art, cooking, hygiene, and other fun stuff. It's a nice small school. He even has a textbook!! There is a 1:3 teacher to student ratio which is almost unheard of. He is talking so much. He refers to himself in the third person, which just cracks me up. Last night we went to Chili's with a friend of mine and right after dinner he said, "Noah go to the bathroom." That really caught me off-guard. He's not potty-trained, but they have potty-time at school. I guess it's working. We tried to potty-train him, but after two days I decided to stop and try again when he's a little older. He didn't seem ready. So, anyway we went to the bathroom two times at the Chili's but he never sat on the toilet. He just wanted to flush the toilet and wash his hands. Kids are so funny.

I've been working teaching English which is challenging but fun. I've also been doing "Boot Camp" which is totally consuming all my time. It's a boot-camp style fitness program. It's 12 weeks, but I'll be done at the end of April. I go to class one hour a day Monday to Friday and I have to do one hour of cardio 7 days a week. I'm also supposed to follow this really "clean" diet and drink a gallon of water a day. I've lost motivation lately, so I'm not really doing it as hard-core as I was in the beginning, but it's still a lot of work. This is my last month, so I'm going to try to really give it all I got. It's really a great character building lesson. Making it through class each day is really more of a mental work out. You have to challenge yourself more than you ever thought possible. Most of the women in the class keep coming back but I think 12 weeks is enough for me right now.

Jason and I are planning a trip to Tokyo at the end of April, so we'll have a lot of great pictures to share when we get back. We are going during Golden Week, which is one of Japan's biggest National Holidays. It should be interesting. I'm going to visit one of my really good friends from college. I'm so excited because it's been way too long since I've seen her.

I really miss everyone. I'm definately starting to feel like I'm living on the other side of the world. I'm sorry I'm not good about keeping in touch, but I think about everyone all the time. I'm no good at callling people, so you'll have to call me. If you don't have my number, just email me and I'll give it to you.

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Thanks for the update, I have been checking in lots! That bootcamp sounds intense, good for you! I hope you guys enjoy your trip to Tokyo and I can't wait to see some pictures!!

Katherine Hutson said...

Hi Kayla,
I just got around to reading your blog. I got off work early today because of Sunday being Easter. I tried to take a nap but I couldn't sleep. Rob and I are going to a dinner/dance at the Men's club tonight. Carol is doing the cooking, which includes some vegan and vegetarian stuff which Rob will like. The band is swing dancing music. My friend Jean and her husband are coming, so I'm excited to see them. I haven't seen Jean in a long time, since Rob quit playing with her husband's band. Lilly filled me in on your ill-fated "vacation" to the resort. It sounded pretty funny, but I guess it wasn't funny at the time. I miss you a lot and will try to call you soon. Love, Mom