Sunday, March 23, 2008

Traditional Okinawan Theatre

Here are some pics from the dinner theatre we went to February 1st.This is Pig's Ear! An Okinawan delicacy. What does pig's ear taste like? Well, how graphically shall I describe this.... I think you better just use your imagination. Yes, I ate it. NO, I will never it again.
These dancers are wearing kimonos called bingata and large flower-shaped hats. They clap together pieces of bamboo to create a rhythm.

These dancers are performing a love story.

This video shows musicians playing traditional instruments. The banjo looking one is called a shanshin and is a three string instrument made with python skin.

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

I don't know if you could pay me to eat pig ear, just the look of it made me want to vomit!! You are one brave girl :)

The Kendall Family said...

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!!!